Map of the Week No. 450 is from the forthcoming Jörðgarð Trails adventure "A Tale of 2 Books." The PCs' journey through the vampire-ruled North Kingdom continues in the village of Timbertown, the main logging center between King's Gate and Vladimir's Throne.
Key to the Center of Timbertown
1. Millstream Outflow.
2. Lazy Creek. A steady but slow-moving creek.
4. Woodlands Duchy Sawmill. The mill is operated by master sawyer Oto, a human male craftsman. As far as businesses go, this is the biggest one in Timbertown. Because the Lazy Creek can supply only limited energy, the sawmill uses not only a water-wheel but also a windmill. The buildings to the right (east) of the main structure are woodsheds for finished lumber.
5. Liběna's Wagons. Master Wainwright Liběna owns and operates the biggest wagon-building works in the kingdom. Her workshop also makes carts, wheel-barrows, etc.
6. Chandler Matěj. Matěj works alone. He makes candles from tallow brought in from Green Meadows.
7. Vojtěch's Smithy. Master Blacksmith Vojtěch, a human male, makes and repairs a wide variety of bronze items and he shoes horses, but he does no work with weapons or armor.
8. Joiner Nikola. Master joiner Nikola, a human male, owns the largest furniture-making shop in the kingdom. His beds, cabinets and other wooden furniture items are sold throughout the land.
9. House of Healing. Gizela, a human female healer, owns and operates the House of Healing, which not only provides healing services but also has a well-stocked healing apothecary. Most known herbal medicines are available here. The nine, small, square structures behind the main building are drying sheds for freshly harvested herbs.
10. Timbertown General Store. Shopkeeper Nataša, a human female, offers a wide variety of goods in her store. Most items are manufactured elsewhere in the kingdom, but she also has foreign wares imported by traders and smugglers from Slovánska.
11. Market Inn. The inn is operated by innkeeper Hedvika, a human female. The inn has five single rooms at 6 silver pieces a night and one double at 5 silver pieces per person nightly. It also has a stable and coach house. Meals in the public room run between 3 and 6 bronze pieces. The only drink is the local beer, Timberbrew (Dřívípivo), on tap, at three copper piec-es per pint/half-liter tankard.
12. Market Square. Anyone wishing to set up a stand must obtain a permit from town hall (Location No. 20). Most stands offer produce, sausage and other farm products.
13. Timber Brewery. The brewery - the only brewing house in Timbertown - is owned and operated by Patrik, a human male. Patrik runs the brewery, but his wife, Naděžda, a human female, is the brewmistress. She brews a lager beer year-round and supplements it with a dark and strong double bock beer in the cold months.
14 Timber Brew Tavern. The tavern is the favorite hangout of Timbertown's artisans and laborers. It also is the place where many locals go with large tankards in the evening to buy beer to bring home rather to drink on premise. The Timber Brew serves no food, but an old crone called Aunt Káča does come to the tavern with a basket at night, selling bread and sausage. A pint/half liter of lager beer costs 3 copper pieces. A pint/half liter of double bock in the cold season costs 4 copper pieces.
15. Evžen's Bakery. Master Baker Evžen, a human male craftsman, is Timbertown's sole baker.
16. Butcher Pavlina. Master Butcher Pavlina, a human female, delivers fresh meat to the Market Inn (Location No. 11) and sells smoked and cured sausages and meats in her shop and on the market square.
17. Tailor Hubert. Master Tailor Hubert, a human male, makes and repairs clothing.
18. Timbertown Forge. The human twins, master weaponsmith Andrej, a male, and master blacksmith Andrea, a female, operate this large smithy. It makes and repairs all sorts of meshoe horses.
19. Timbertown Garrison. Commander Evinka, a human female warrior, has 220 soldiers in her service. They perform guard and police duties and patrol the border and the draug swamp region. Soldiers with families live in housing in the town. Those who are single live in the garrison barracks.
20. Town Hall. Commander Evinka and the appointed ducal steward, Klára, a human female, do the day-to-day governing from town hall. The town jail is in the cellar dungeon of town hall.
21. Cobbler Jeroným. Master cobbler Jeroným, a human male craftsman, makes the town's wooden and leather shoes and leather boots. He also outfits the garrison's soldiers with their leather boots.
22. Bronislav's Carpentry. Master carpenter Bronislav, a human male, is the owner.
23. Castle Cellar Tavern. The owner is barkeep Bonifác, a human male. Local lager beer goes for 3 copper pieces per pint/half liter tankard. In the cold season, double bock costs a copper piece more. Those looking for a light meal can buy a cold bread board with cold cuts, dill pickle and rye bread for 1 bronze piece.
The Ducal Timber Castle Compound
24. Gatehouse. Four soldiers, human male and female warriors, always are on duty here.
25. Prison Tower. The jailer is Radomir, a human male.
26. Timber Castle. The ducal castle is the seat of the duchy's government. Day-to-day governing is in the hands of the ducal steward, Alena, a human female. She has three male and female wizards in her service in the castle.
27. Castle Quarters. Steward Alena and her administrative servants dwell here.
28. Castle Stall.
29. Castle Storage House.
Unnumbered Buildings should be considered residential, unless the game master wishes to add his or her definition for these structures. Beyond the Map one finds the mill pond and residential structures, and then on the outer ring on the town's edges, farms.
You can get this map in two versions:
1. The editable Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version from the Jörðgarð website.
2. As a JPG flat map of 1360 x 1295 Pixels (615 KB) with the hyperlink below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
Next Week: Market Inn - Ground Floor