Map of the Week No. 355 is from the forthcoming Jörðgarð Trails adventure "A Tale of 2 Books." This week we see an aerial view of the Snowdrift Fortress ruin where the powerful red draug (undead) wizardess Kolbjörg once dwelled and still may do so. The fortress is a strange structure, divided into two parts, each with its own wall, and with a road cutting through the center of the fortress that dips deeply down to the entrance to the dungeon level.
Key to the Dungeon Plan
1. South Gate. Usually one orc is on watch duty in one of the two towers.
2. North Gate. There occasionally is one orc on watch duty in one of the two towers.
3. Castle Foundation. Nothing is left of the building.
4. Thorleif's Mage Tower Foundation. Thorleif's ghost makes its base here.
5. Grélöð's's Mage Tower Foundation. Grélöð's ghost makes its base here.
6. Bed of the Former Court Garden.
7. The Fortress Well. This is the only well in the fortress. Its water is potable.
8. Internal Gate Tower. There always is one orc on duty above in the tower, which is 20 feet/6 meters high. The gate is of portcullis type. It always is down. The orc above can raise the portcullis. Just in-side the tower, to the south, is a small guardhouse that now is the lair of the ogre scout Otkatla.
9. The Descending Road. At the midpoint, where the three drains are, are the doors to the two main dungeon levels. After that, the roadway rises gradually in both directions.
10. Inner Bridge. This is the only entryway to the western part of the fortress complex.
11. Empty Ruined Buildings.
12. Garrison Building. The orcs lair here.
13. Keep. The tower is 40 feet/12 meters high. It is empty. A fire long ago destroyed its wooden floors. There is only the roof and a relatively new wooden floor on ground level. The tower no longer has anything in the openings for doors and windows.
You can get this dungeon plan in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (31 MB) from the Jörðgarð website.
2. As a JPG flat map of 1360 x 900 Pixels (710 KB) with the hyperlink below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
Next week: Snowdrift Fortress Dungeon Level