Map of the Week No. 349 is from the forthcoming Jörðgarð Trails adventure "A Tale of 2 Books." The Tower Mount Fortress ruin is one of several sites that the PCs have been sent to investigate in the search for the Black Book of Martröð. This ruin is a dead end for them. There is absolutely nothing of value to them here ... only some minor league opposition from a small band of orcs and draugs (lesser undead).
Key to the Dungeon Plan
1. and 3. Gateway. The gateway arches still are in good condition, but the heavy wooden gates were turned to firewood long ago. Both gateways are wide open.
2. Entrance to the Draug Chamber. The four draugs are almost always there.
4. Breach. The wall is wide open at this point.
5. Margunnar's Tent. The arrogant ogress scout is no lover of orcs, however, the orcs of this rag-tag band have needed her services many times to find a way for them and the four draugs to get out of a jam. Therefore, they leave her in peace and treat her with respect, even though they know she has none for them. Margunnar will not be in the tent when the PCs arrive.
6. Orc Camping Area.
7. The Garrison Building. (Mapped separately).
The Rest: The rock rectangles are the remaining foundations of buildings that no longer exist. The round ring consists of the foundation stones of the old watchtower.
You can get this map in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (13.5 MB) from the Jörðgarð website.
2. As a JPG flat map of 1360 x 1020 Pixels (740 KB) with the hyperlink below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
Next week: Tower Mount Chamber Zoom