Map of the Week No. 344 is from the Jörðgarð Trails adventure "In the Salt Mine." After fleeing down the Dwarven Highway away from the salt mine, the PCs come upon the scret gemstone mine of the Midsilver Deep dwarves. The entry point to the dwarven halls, directly on the Dwarven Highway, is Móðsógnir's Hall, a very luxurious hall with gemstones hanging from its ceiling. Móðsógnir was one of the original dwarven leaders fron Niðavellir.
Key to the Floor Plan:
1. Entrance. Two stone gates guard the entrance. Closed stone doors are in the tower walls to the right and left. Both gates are 18 inches/50 cm thick. They rise into and up from the depths below.
2. Hanging Gemstones. The ceiling beyond the gate is 40 feet/12 meters high. Many huge, priceless gemstones hang from the ceiling on chains at a height of about 35 feet/11 meters. They reflect and refract the light of the lanterns below.
3. Columns. Large stone columns support the ceiling.
4. Stone Doors. All are closed.
5. Móðsógnir's Fountain. A statute with the inscription Móðsógnir at its feet stands in the middle of a large, bubbling and slightly steamy pool.
6. Pools. Water flows into them from stone troughs.
7. Possibly Natural Ponds.
8. Stone Door to Durin's Hall.
You can get this floor plan in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (6.5 MB) from the Jörðgarð website.
2. As JPG flat map of 1360 x 1020 Pixels (680 KB) with the hyperlink below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
Next week: Gemstone Mine: Durin's Hall