The 331st Map of the Week is from the Jörðgarð Trails adventure "In the Salt Mine." It is a battlemap showing the entry or first level of the Sigrhjólma, the second dungeon beneath the salt mine that is under the control of the demon Thren. It is not personally active on this level. The fallen high draug magically bound Thren to its own chamber lower in the dungeon, to keep it from wandering away from the post where it was to stand guard.
Key to the Dungeon Plan:
1. Stairs from the dwarven Levels. The dotted white line shows the area of the opening on the dwarven dungeon Level 4 above.
2. The Wall. It blocks the entire way onward. It is made of cut rock, is 2 feet/60 cm thick and 20 feet/6 meters high. The space between the top of the wall and the roof of the cavern varies between 1 and 5 feet/30 and 150 cm. There is a wooden door made of beams 2 feet/60 cm thick in the wall and several small slits in the wall through which one can look.
3. The Shaft. Inside the shaft is a wooden stairway that leads to the upper tunnel. It can be used to service the juggernaut trap. The PCs will be able to see only a square tower made of stacked stone brick, 7 x 7 feet/2 x 2 meters in size and 22 feet/6.6 meters high. It reaches entirely to the ceiling. There is a wooden door in the south wall.
4. The Inner Walls. Both are crude walls made of large cut rocks. In the center of each wall is an opening 7 feet/2 meters high and a yard/meter wide.
5. Spiral Staircase to the Next Level.
6. Spiral Staircase to the Juggernaut Trap. (Detailed separately.)
You can get this battlemap in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (7.5 MB) from the Jörðgarð website.
2. As JPG flat map of 1360 x 1020 Pixels (610 KB) with the hyperlink below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
Next week: Thren's Dungeon Level 1: The Juggernnaut Trap